Scarves are a versatile accessory that can elevate any outfit, and for women, they can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to their overall look. However, for someone who is just starting to experiment with scarves, the variety of styles and materials can be overwhelming. In this beginner guide on women’s scarves, we will discuss the different types of scarves, how to wear them, and what to pair them with.
Types of Women Scarves
- Silk Scarves: Silk scarves are soft, lightweight, and delicate. They come in a range of colors, prints, and patterns, making them perfect for adding a pop of color or pattern to your outfit. They are versatile and can be worn in different ways, such as tied around the neck, draped over the shoulders, or as a headband.
- Cashmere Scarves: Cashmere scarves are made from the soft undercoat of cashmere goats. They are luxurious and provide warmth, making them perfect for chilly days. They are available in solid colors or with intricate designs, and can be styled in various ways, such as draped over the shoulders, wrapped around the neck, or tucked into a coat.
- Wool Scarves: Wool scarves are thicker and heavier than silk or cashmere scarves, making them ideal for colder weather. They come in a range of colors and patterns, from classic plaid to bold stripes. Wool scarves can be worn wrapped around the neck or draped over the shoulders.
- Infinity Scarves: Infinity scarves are a looped scarf that has no end, making them easy to wear and style. They come in various materials, such as cotton, silk, or wool, and are available in a range of patterns and colors.
How to Wear Scarves
- Loop/Tie Around the Neck: One of the most common ways to wear a scarf is to loop it around your neck and tie it in a knot or bow. This style works well with silk or cotton scarves and adds a pop of color or pattern to your outfit.
- Draped Over the Shoulders: This style is perfect for oversized scarves, such as cashmere or wool. Simply drape the scarf over your shoulders and let it hang loose for a cozy and effortless look.
- Wrapped Around the Head: Silk scarves can be worn as a headband or wrapped around the head like a turban. This style adds a touch of retro glamour to your look and keeps your hair out of your face.
- Belted: Another way to wear a scarf is to belt it over a dress or coat. This style works well with thicker scarves and adds structure to your outfit.
What to Pair Scarves With
- Casual Outfits: Scarves are perfect for adding a touch of sophistication to a casual outfit. Pair a printed silk scarf with a plain t-shirt and jeans for a chic and effortless look.
- Professional Attire: Scarves can be worn with professional attire to add a pop of color or pattern to a plain suit. A cashmere or wool scarf works well with a blazer or trench coat.
- Evening Wear: Silk scarves can be worn as an accessory with an evening gown or cocktail dress. Choose a scarf with a bold print or metallic sheen to add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
In conclusion, scarves are a versatile accessory that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any outfit. With this beginner guide, you now have the knowledge to experiment with different styles and materials to find the perfect scarf for your look.