If you have a triangle body type, also known as pear-shaped, your hips are wider than your shoulders, and you may have a defined waistline. Here are some fashion tips to flatter your figure:
- Balance your silhouette: Look for clothing that balances your wider hips with your narrower shoulders. Opt for tops that add volume to your upper body, such as boatneck, off-the-shoulder, or halter necklines. You can also wear tops with shoulder pads to add some structure to your shoulders.
- Emphasize your waist: Show off your curves by wearing clothing that emphasizes your waistline. You can achieve this with tops that cinch at the waist, such as peplum or wrap styles, or with belts worn at your natural waistline.
- Flatter your lower half: Choose bottoms that flatter your hips and thighs without adding bulk. A-line skirts, wide-leg pants, and bootcut jeans are all great options. Avoid skinny jeans, leggings, or tight-fitting pants, as they may accentuate your hips.
- Choose the right fabrics: Look for fabrics that skim over your curves without adding bulk. Avoid stiff or bulky fabrics, as they can make your hips look even wider. Instead, opt for lightweight fabrics such as cotton, silk, or rayon.
- Accessorize wisely: Draw attention to your upper body with statement jewelry, scarves, or hats. Avoid chunky or heavy accessories that add weight to your lower half.
Remember, the most important thing is to wear clothing that makes you feel confident and comfortable. With these tips, you can create a wardrobe that flatters your triangle body type and highlights your best features.